Veganism is a lifestyle which excludes the consumption of any product made from animals. Vegan diet is only about plant-based food. Vegans are sometimes misunderstood as fringe eaters and strong believers of animal rights. But we must know that veganism is way beyond animal rights. It is all about leading a healthy and balanced life. A life where you are completely satisfied about your food intake and there are no health related issues. Because following a healthy vegan diet ensures a lot of health benefits. Every year many people are adopting this vegan lifestyle to get control of their diet and health issues. Going vegan has many benefits for us and our environment.
With that being said let’s have a look on some of the most important health benefits of a vegan lifestyle:
A proper and well-organized vegan diet includes carbohydrates,fiber,magnesium, potassium, antioxidants, vitamins, proteins etc.
- Carbohydrates provide energy to the body.
- Fiber leads to healthy bowel movements.
- magnesium helps in absorption of calcium. Nuts, seeds, and dark leafy greens are an excellent source of magnesium.
- Potassium prevents acidity and helps the kidneys to remove the toxins.
- Antioxidants protect from cell damage.
- Firstly, Vitamin B helps with cell repair, production of red and white blood cells and metabolizing the amino acids.
- Secondly, Vitamin C boosts immune system, keep the gums healthy, promotes faster healing of cuts and bruises.
- Vitamin E is beneficial for eyes, skin, heart and brain. Grains, nuts, and dark leafy greens are great source of Vitamin E.
- Protein is an important building block of bones, muscles, cartilage, skin, and blood. Our body needs protein to build and repair tissues, to make enzymes, hormones, and other body chemicals. Beans, nuts, peas, lentils, and soy products are all great ways to get the right amount of protein in a vegan diet.
As Body odour is related to toxins and acidity and eating meat, excess alcohol, fried and oily food increase acidity.
So Going vegan means smelling better. Because veganism reduces the chances of acidity and helps in eliminating the toxins from the body.
Several studies showed that people following a vegan lifestyle tend to live 6-7 years longer than other people. Because vegan diet prevents the body from many diseases. Scientists found that adopting a vegan diet could reduce the number of annual deaths by 8.1 million per year by 2050.
Non-vegetarian foods that get stuck in teeth attract the bacteria around the tongue and mouth that leads to bad breath.
A vegan diet will help prevent the build-up of bacteria, and therefore may help to avoid bad breath.
NAILS AND HAIR:
Hair and nails are made with proteins called keratin. Getting proteins from a vegan diet can be easy and delicious.
Vegan diet will promote strong and health nails or hair.
Reduction in dairy products, meat and eggs often leads to reduce allergy symptoms.
Vegan diet excludes the dairy products and meat containing saturated fats.This diet has a tendency to limit the calorie intake. That is why veganism is effective at promoting weight loss.
PREVENTION FROM DISEASES:
High blood pressure increases the risk of heart disease, stroke, kidney disorders and other health problems. Vegan diet successfully control Hypertension. As a diet rich in whole grain help in lowering the risk of high blood pressure.
PROTECTION AGAINST CANCERS:
According to the World Health Organization, about one-third of all cancers can be prevented by controlling your diet. Many researchers believe that antioxidants protect body against forming some types of cancer. Plant-based foods provide phytochemicals, which help to prevent and heal the body from cancer.
- A study showed that vegan diet helped men suffering from prostate cancer either in stopping the progress of the cancer or even in reversing the illness.
- Eating a healthy vegan diet can greatly reduce the chances of colon cancer. High fiber diets help fight against colon cancer.
- Women who follow a vegan diet have a much lower rate of breast cancer than do the women who consume more animal products.
Vegan diet excludes the dairy products and meat containing saturated fats that cause clogging of veins and arteries. Eating fresh fruits, vegetables, legumes and fiber helps in reducing the risk of heart diseases, and prevent heart attack and stroke.
Diets high in potassium reduce the risk of cardiovascular diseases and cancer.
TYPE 2 DIABETES:
Vegan diet acts as a weapon against Type 2 diabetes. Vegans tend to have lower blood sugar levels, high insulin sensitivity and apparently less risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
A bonus point of going vegan is that vegans tend to have great skin, all because of that Vitamin C intake so guys don’t forget to eat your greens 🙂